Wednesday 23 November 2011

ART ATTACK!

Now, this entry might sound slightly childish or immature, but I know im not the only one. Ever since I was a very young boy, from the years of waking up at 6am just to get my bowl of cereal and plop myself infront of the tv before school, I have been a die hard fan of the show "Art Attack!" If you're born in the 90's then you know exactly what I am talking about. The show was amazing not only because Neil Buchanan had something new to create every episode, but because he showed how you could make it yourself at home. Now I am not going to say that I would make what he had made everytime, simply because I am, and always have been, a pretty awful artist. But those odd times that I would take on the challenge of recreating what Neil had created, even if it turned out horribly, always gave me a sense of accomplishment and satisfication. Nonetheless, Art Attack is a show that I will always remember and I hope that one day when I have children, there will be a similar medium for them to experience and express their creative side like I did so many years ago. Thanks for all the good times Neil!

No comments:

Post a Comment