Thursday 24 November 2011

Kevin Astles: Documentarian Extrodinare!

One thing that I have always wanted to do was make a film. More specifically, I have wanted to make a documentary about the world we live in. Now, I am not a complete conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely believe that there are things that the government, the people we choose to protect us and the people who we trust, are not telling us. If there was nothing to hide then our society and economy would be constantly thriving. However, on a daily basis I see problems with the 'system' that just don't add up or make total sense. As much as i would like to think that Canada is the greatest most genuine and honest place to live, I cannot. And as much as I would like to think that we are different from our southern brothers of the United states of America, once again, I cannot. My main issue with the world today is that how are we to know that our society is running steadily and that our governments are doing the right things with a utilitarian focus in mind? It is obvious that there is no immediate way of knowing considering someone like Michael Moore's tireless attempts at gaining concrete knowledge from our city officials that would prove the world is simply "A-Okay!" If I were a true documentarian, I would have my camera with me everywhere I went. I would be expanding my horizons of where I've been and where the world is going. Nonetheless, much like all documentarians, I would ultimately strive for the truth and well being of the human kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment