Thursday 24 November 2011

What am I capable of?

I have always thought of myself as a fairly creative person, though I have not really taken the necessary steps to see what kinda of art I am capable of creating. I have taken visual and media art classes in high school, however most of the assignments and projects seemed extremely easy never really forced me to open up my creative side. I have made cardboard structures of a BBQ, molded clay into a half dragon, half eagle, half pig mythical creature, and i have designed abstract photos of famous soccer players through such programs as photoshop and adobe illustrator. And yet, i feel unaccomplished. Perhaps there is some other form of art that i have yet to attempt like song, dance, theatre, canvas painting, street art, metalwork's art, glassblowing, etc. Many of the things listed do sound intriguing to me like glassblowing and street art, but then again things like dancing on stage or singing to a group of people sound absolutely dreadful to me. This may be due to a slight shyness or stage freight that i posses, but does that mean i have to challenge my fears just to figure out if i am good at it or not? To me that seems like a fairly big assumption. I would much rather stay within my comfort zone and branch out into the things that i feel i may be good at because I have heard myself singing in the shower and I think it would be much smarter to save the world from my retched voice. Though, once i do find what kind of art i excel in, the world better prepare itself because when i get hooked on something i am good at, I'm like a freight train where nothing can stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment