Wednesday 23 November 2011

Film as Art

For many years I have been a lover of film. Though I tend to be drawn to satirical comedy films, I can extremely appreciate the use of film to portray art. I personally would rather watch a film about art instead of looking at a single piece of still art. This is not to say that i dont appreciate that kind of art, however i feel that film produces the ability to interpret what you are seeing in many more ways than a single canvas painting ever could. Having constant moving images run through my mind even after the film's end is a very powerful thing and is not something that happens often to me when I look at a single piece of artwork. Overall, to me art has a much larger impact on the view when there are more images to interpret opposed to the traditional art seen in galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment